The Doctor’s in Secondary Schools Program at MSC has appointments available for students seeking support. We are lucky to have a GP and nurse from Headspace Melton at the campus each Thursday to support our students.
Some important information
Bookings can be made in the following ways
- Students and parents can complete a request to see the GP by filling out an online form https://forms.office.com/r/KDA7yf93Rz
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (by student, parent or staff member).
- Students can drop in to see Practice Nurse, to make an appointment directly during their break times on a Thursday in DS1.
The program’s consent and confidentiality policy was developed in consultation with experts including: the Australian Medical Association, the Australian Education Union, Parents Victoria and the Victorian Association of Secondary School Principals.
Consistent with Australian common law, the program recognises that:
- any student who wants to see the GP will be permitted to book an appointment
- the GP will decide whether the young person is mature enough to consent to medical treatment or whether parent/carer consent is needed – as is the case with all GPs in the community
- the right for a young person’s health information to be kept confidential will be respected unless the disclosure is with the consent of the young person or it is otherwise permitted by law – as is the case with all GP practice in the community
Please follow the link below to access the consent and confidentiality policy.
- More information about the program can be found at https://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/Pages/doctors.aspx including fact sheets on confidentiality and consent
- If you have any questions about the program, please contact Alan Devine on 9743 3322.