Transition is an important process for students entering the college for the first time and as they advance to the next year level.
Grade 6 – Year 7 Transition Program
At Melton Secondary College we are aware that the change from Grade 6 to Year 7, although exciting for many students, can also be a source of anxiety and apprehension. It is our primary focus to ensure our students feel safe and happy. Hence, a careful Transition Program has been organised to prepare students for their move to secondary college.
The program involves a series of activities including:
- Visits to primary schools by our Transition Team
- Orientation Information Evening for parents
- Student Community Responsibility Leaders
- Orientation Day for Students
- Year 7 Induction Program and Camp