Transition is an important process for students entering the college for the first time and as they advance to the next year level.
Grade 6 – Year 7 Transition Program
At Melton Secondary College we are aware that the change from Grade 6 to Year 7, although exciting for many students, can also be a source of anxiety and apprehension. It is our primary focus to ensure our students feel safe and happy. Hence, a careful Transition Program has been organised to prepare students for their move to secondary college.
The program involves a series of activities including:
- Visits to primary schools by our Transition Team
- Orientation Information Evening for parents
- Student Community Responsibility Leaders
- Orientation Day for Students
- Year 7 Induction Program and Camp
Head Start Program
To provide our students with the best possible start to the following academic year, we have developed a Head Start Program for Years 10-12.
During the two week-long programs, students will begin their course of study in each subject that includes:
- An overview of the course
- Requirements for satisfactory completion
- Procedures / tasks for determining the level of achievement
- Tasks that need to be completed prior to the start of the New Year.
- Texts / equipment that students will need.